Welcome Guys! so have you ever wonder which one is better the Red dot or the Holographic sight in Pubg. Well in this article we will be comparing Red Dot vs Holographic Sight and I hope it gives you a better understanding of which one is better for you.
A few months ago I asked which scope would you prefer, and most of them choose Red-dot over the Holo sight, which makes us question why Red-dot is so popular?
Also Read: Pubg: Guide To Jump
What is Holographic Sight Pubg?
A holographic sight is a type of weapon sight used in the popular video game PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds). It is a type of red dot sight that projects a red reticle onto the player’s field of view. This reticle appears to be superimposed over the in-game environment, allowing the player to quickly and accurately aim at targets.
In PUBG, the holographic sight provides a medium magnification level, making it useful for medium range engagements. It is generally considered to be a versatile and useful sight, suitable for use in a variety of situations.
What is Red Dot Sight in Pubg?
In PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds), a red dot sight is a type of weapon sight that projects a red dot or reticle onto the player’s field of view. This reticle appears to be superimposed over the in-game environment, allowing the player to quickly and accurately aim at targets.
The red dot sight is useful for close-to-medium range engagements as it’s designed for fast target acquisition and aim assist in close quarter combat. It doesn’t provide any magnification, hence it’s not suitable for long-range engagements.
It is a popular choice for players who prefer a more natural, “hip-fire” style of aiming, as it allows the player to quickly and easily aim at targets without having to align their eye with the sight.
Comparison between Red Dot vs Holographic Sight
In PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds) and other first-person shooter games, both red dot sights and holographic sights serve a similar purpose: they both provide a reticle or dot that the player can use to aim at targets. However, there are some key differences between the Red Dot vs Holographic Sight:
Red dot sights typically do not provide any magnification, while holographic sights typically provide a medium level of magnification. This makes red dot sights better for close-to-medium range engagements, while holographic sights are more suitable for medium-to-long range engagements.
Red dot sights typically have a simple dot reticle, while holographic sights often have a more complex reticle with additional aiming points.
Field of View:
Red dot sights generally have a wider field of view, which means the player can see more of their surroundings while using the sight. Holographic sights, on the other hand, have a smaller field of view, which can make it harder to keep an eye on your surroundings while aiming.
Red dot sights tend to be more rugged and reliable, but Holographic sights offer more precise aiming point and are more durable than red dots.
Size & Weight:
Holographic sights tend to be larger and heavier than red dot sights, which can affect weapon handling and mobility.
In real life the Holographic sights are generally more expensive than red dot sights.
In the game, Red dot sights are more common and therefore easily obtainable, whereas holographic sights are less common, and can be found in supply drops or air drops.
- Which is the Best Grip in Pubg Mobile and BGMI
- Sanju Samson Biography, Age, Height, Career, Stats, Net Worth
- According to the former Indian cricketer, Sanju Samson should be played instead of Pant
- Myth Buster in PUBG mobile another edition for you
- How to Throw Grenades Properly in PUBG MOBILE
Which is better red dot or holographic sight in PUBG?
In PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds), the choice between a red dot sight and a holographic sight will depend on your play style and the type of engagements you expect to encounter.
Red dot sights are generally better for close-to-medium range engagements as they provide fast target acquisition and aim assist in close quarter combat without magnification. They are also more power efficient, lighter, more rugged and reliable.
Holographic sights, on the other hand, are more suitable for medium-to-long range engagements as they provide a medium level of magnification, and often have a more complex reticle with additional aiming points. They are also more durable and may have more customization options.
It’s worth noting that both sights have their own strengths and weaknesses, and it’s a good idea to experiment with both to find out which one works best for you and your playstyle. Ultimately, the choice should be based on personal preference and you should use the sight that you feel most comfortable with.
Some Interesting Facts of Red Dot vs Holographic Sight
- Well, I think the main reason would be the smaller or thinner frame size on the red dot, which increases you’re visibility and gives you a better view to look out for the enemies.
- While on the holographic sight you would miss out on some details due to the thicker frame of holo sight which makes you miss out on some important information that could get you in trouble.
- Since you use both of these scopes only during close combat, you will be missing out on some critically important information because your scope was in the way, kinda gives red-dot a huge favour.
- But also if you play FPP mode, holo sight has another disadvantage that you would obviously notice here, when holding a gun with holo sight equipped it will lower your visibility since the scope is too big and will block your view. This gives us another reason to not use the holographic sight.
- But there is a huge discussion that says Holographic sight has less recoil. When using the holographic sight on high recoil weapons such as AKM and Beryl, it will make you feel like it has less recoil and is easy to control which is a myth.
- Let me bust it out for you well there is only one possible explanation for that, the way they are designed, the red dot has a tiny dot in the middle. While the holo sight has a bigger circle. When you shoot, your gun bounces and shakes during the time if you look deeper into the Holo’s crosshair it looks more stable. While the red dot seems jumpier and less stable. This is easier to see when overlaying the two sights during a spray and reducing the speed of the video.
- The smaller Radical of the red-dot feels like it shakes more as compared to the holo’s radical. So this might be the reason why most people find holographic sight easier to control even tho the recoil is literally the same between both. You could try changing your red dot’s crosshair style in settings. But nothing comes as close to the size of holo’s crosshair.
- By the way, Red Dot vs Holographic Sight both the scopes will open up identically at the same speed. So it all comes down to you, do you think is it worth sacrificing the better visibility and clear look and smaller crosshair of the red-dot to the holographic sight that feels like it has less recoil and is easier to control.
Also Read: Why M416 is so Popular in PUBG Mobile/BGMI?
My Opinion on Red Dot vs Holographic Sight
Here is my opinion about Red Dot vs Holographic Sight, I would recommend using red-dot because the holo sight’s thick frame will hide almost all the important information when the scope is in the way of it. But if you wanna use holo sight because it feels like it has less recoil and is easy to control it’s sprayed and boosts your overall confidence.
Ultimately, the choice between Red Dot vs Holographic Sight will depend on your personal preference and playstyle. Both types of sights have their own strengths and weaknesses, and it is a good idea to experiment with both and find out which one works best for you.
Well nobody is stopping you, you have to decide depending on your preference and situation. If you think using the Holo sight on high recoil weapons will make it easier for you to control it, then it’s a good thing. So I hope you have a better understanding of which scope you want to use.
Which is better red dot or holographic sight in PUBG?
I would recommend using red-dot because the holo sight’s thick frame will hide almost all the important information when the scope is in the way of it.
What is the use of holographic sight?
A holographic sight is a type of weapon sight that players can use to aim at targets. This allows the player to quickly and accurately aim at targets, making it useful for medium-to-long-range engagements.